REV'IT took the celebrated Sand concept and tweaked the dials on the fashion vs. function spectrum - carefully trading just a touch of the latter for increased comfort and improved fit to better reconcile with its newfound crossover purpose - all without straying too far from the magic recipe.
Touting the same massive ventilation concept rolled out in the Sand 3 update, the REV'IT Sand Urban Jacket keeps the VCS zippers but goes without the utilitarian D-ring accessory straps in favor of a cleaner breast panel and overall less-busy aesthetic.
Also maintained from the Sand 3 is the weather-versatile drop liner system with separate thermal and waterproof liners. With the liners removed, the poly-cotton shell itself is very lightweight, enhancing the excellent summer performance afforded by the large vent panels.
In the interest of keeping a lightweight feel and a trim fit, the armor is extremely low-profile, flexible CE Level 1 SeeSmart rather than the thicker, more protective CE Level 2 SeeFlex used in the Sand 3. The Sand Urban is, however, prepared to accept the same CE Level 2 SeeSoft back protector.
The Sand Urban has a tailored European fit, adjustable at several points on either sleeve as well as in the waist. The simple, muted design is highlighted only by the Oxford reinforcement panels at the elbows and shoulders and small REV'IT logos on either sleeve and the base of the neck. Because the Sand Urban does not include additional reflective bars on the chest and back, REV'IT instead made all 3 logos themselves reflective so as not to stand out during daylight hours.
Incorporating nearly all the features of the Sand 3 in a more streamlined, styled package, the REV'IT Sand Urban Jacket achieves a look that appears casually purposeful, unrevealing of the motocentric design within. After all, riding a motorcycle is pretty cool - who says you can't look good while you do it?
- Outer shell: poly cotton 2L, polyester Oxford, Lorica
- Insulation: detachable thermal liner
Waterproofing: detachable hydratex | 3L (5000mm H2O)
Breathability: detachable hydratex | 3L (7000g/m2/24hrs)
- Outer shell 1: 64% cotton, 36% polyamide
- Outer shell 2: 100% polyester
- Lining: 100% polyester
- Thermal liner: 100% polyester (insulation 100% polyester)
- Membrane: 100% polyurethane (tricot 100% polyamide)
- SeeSmart CE Level 1 protection at shoulders and elbows
- Back Protector (sold separately):
- Seesoft Back Protector -Type RV
Visibility: laminated reflection at upper arms, laminated reflective logo at back
- Fit: tour fit, regular
- Adjustability: UTA | tab at cuffs, collar hook , adjustable collar, double adjustment straps at waist, adjustment strap at under arm, adjustment tab at upper arm, adjustment drawcord at hips
- VCS I zippers at front, back and arms
Features: prepared for Challenger Cooling vest insert, prepared for Vest Connector HV, double short connection zipper
Pockets: stash pockets, membrane storage pocket, hand warmer pockets, inner pockets
Type RV / Size 04 fits SM-MD
Type RV / Size 05 fits LG-2XL
Type RV / Size 06 fits 3XL-4XL