Iron & Air Media | Digital Editor
The digital editor for Iron & Air Media will oversee daily editorial online content, acting as lead on weekly lineups, seasonal, and long-lead features. The role is a new position for the company as we re-launch our digital platform and are looking for a strategic and creative-minded editorial lead to help develop and build this new content platform for Iron & Air.
The digital editor will work closely with the editor-in-chief and audience development director to build a team of editors and freelance writers to dramatically expand the content creation operations. The digital editor will manage the editorial team, website growth, and ensure the digital workflow and execution of content in an effort to build on the established Iron & Air brand while developing new content opportunities. The digital editor will be responsible for developing, assigning, and editing content that is aligned with both brand identity and strategic business goals. The digital editor needs to be detail-oriented and thrive off the creating process and facilitating the organization of a creative, high-velocity editorial team.
The ideal candidate will feel extremely comfortable using analytics to help guide content creation, and will have excellent writing skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assign, edit, and publish a high-volume weekly cadence of content, SEO updates and custom content, and other content as needed.
- Act as primary liaison with the audience development director, helping identify on-brand opportunities and ensuring monthly optimization goals are met
- Communicate tasks and deadlines clearly with members of the editorial team
- Assist as needed with producing sponsored content and work with the sales team to make sure those stories are well executed.
- Recruit and manage freelancers and assign stories that bring perspectives and voices to the brand from contributors from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences
- Manage the digital editorial calendar and oversee digital workflow of SEO content and
- Collaborate and coordinate with the editor-in-chief on how to best integrate and build on print magazine content as it goes online
- Ideate, assign and edit and manage execution of special editorial projects, tentpoles and packages
- At least five years of digital editorial experience (Motorcycle or automotive content preferred but not required)
- Strong writing and line-editing skills, with experience pitching and assigning and writing
- A strong sense of self-direction and self-sufficiency and the ability to multi-task and manage both long-term and tight deadlines
- A strong understanding of the digital media landscape, the digital editorial business model, and a proactive, thoughtful, and creative approach to ideation and content creation
- A general knowledge-base of automotive and motorcycle culture is required.
About Iron & Air Media
Iron & Air is a global motorcycle/adventure/fuel-culture lifestyle publication & brand based in New England. Iron & Air seeks to unearth interesting stories around travel, adventure, motorcycles, automobiles, design, craft, and creativity. We are a rapidly growing media and creative agency that produces a quarterly print magazine, puts out a weekly email newsletter that lands in 65k+ inboxes, engages on social media accounts with nearly 750k followers, and sells apparel and goods. We’re a group of passionate and ambitious entrepreneurs and creatives looking for other kindred souls who share the same passion for life, experience, and storytelling to grow our team and build something that makes a difference in our lives.